Shannon (Duble) Mooney, MD, IBCLC
Dr. Shannon Mooney, MD, IBCLC was born in Bryan, Texas. While she describes herself as a shy, introverted child, it led her to follow her passion of studying the human body and breastfeeding.
Dr. Mooney attended Texas Lutheran University and The University of Texas Health and Science Medical School before doing her residency at San Antonio Military Pediatric Center, followed by 4 years at Ft. Hood. Interesting Fact: She did 1 tour of duty for the Army in Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Her favorite thing about being a pediatrician is serving others and watching God’s uniquely created children grow! She lives in downtown Georgetown with her outdoorsy husband and 5 children. They love to bike around town on their Mundo bikes, kayak, and play disc golf…basically anything outside.
- Pediatrician, 2005 – Present
- Board Certified in Pediatrics, 2005
- Pediatric Residency: San Antonio Uniformed Services at Lackland Air Force Base, 2003 – 2005
- Graduated from University of Texas Medical School at San Antonio, 1998 – 2002
- Graduated from Texas Lutheran University, 1998
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), 2015